This card is bursting with techniques. First, here is the card:
The background was created using the packaging technique with Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade and Mermaid Lagoon) and water on watercolor paper. The sentiment is a stamp by My Favorite Things (Celebrate Big set) and heat embossed. The panel was die-cut with the stitched rectangle from Simon Says Stamp.
For the butterfly, I started with Ranger alcohol inks on acetate, then die-cut and embossed the Hero Arts Large Butterfly from the colored acetate, and die-cut a second butterfly from white cardstock. I layered the acetate butterfly on top of the white paper butterfly, added a large Hero Arts gem, and attached them to my watercolored panel.
This card is entered in:
- The Work It Wednesday Pastel Challenge at Simon Says Stamp
- The "Butterfly Beauty" Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
- The "Make It Girlie" Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
- Color Challenge 43 at MFT Card Challenges
- Your Next Stamp Color Challenge #37
- The April "Watercoloring" Challenge at a2z Scrapbooking
- The April Diva Inspirations Challenge at Verve Stamps
Thanks for stopping. Hope you are inspired to pull out those alcohol inks and acetate.