Saturday, July 2, 2016

Welcome Summer Card

Hello and Welcome!

I was inspired by the challenges at Winnie & Walter's and Ellen Hutson's blogs for share the love graphic Essentials by Ellen 2
to try some new techniques. One was no line stamping and the other was making an overlay. Here is my card:



I started by stamping the Winnie & Walter In Bloom: Anna's Flora sunflowers with yellow hybrid ink on watercolor paper. Then colored them with Zig Clean Color markers & a waterbrush. Using the hybrid ink kept the pretty details of the stamp and resisted the watercolor. I did the same with the leaves.

Next I used Ellen Hutson's Bokeh Dots with white Stazon Ink on acetate to create the overlay. The "welcome" and "summer" sentiments are from  Winnie & Walter's The Big, The Bold and The Seasons stamp and cutaway sets. I added glue dots behind the white dots to attach the acetate. Here is a detail of the overlay:






This card is entered in:

Thanks for stopping by,
-june


No comments:

Post a Comment