Saturday, February 27, 2016

Golden Heart Love Card

Hello and Welcome!

I am loving this trend of mixing gold and watercolors. Everything just pops. So when I saw Heather's Challenge over at Winnie & Walter's 2nd Birthday Bash, I wanted to do backflips! Here is the card I will be sharing with my husband on our upcoming anniversary:



The beautiful Winnie & Walter "LOVE" stamp (from The Big, The Bold, and The Happy) was stamped on vellum with Versamark, heat embossed with Ranger black embossing powder and fussy cut. I heat embossed it to give it a glossy, liquid feel and still keep the delicate look. The background was created by smooching Cherry Red Color Shine on watercolor paper. I did this several times, letting the watercolor dry in between, to add intensity and depth. Next, using a large heart stencil as a guide, I drizzled gold Stickles. After it dried, the W&W Love sentiment was added. The final step was stamping the rest of the sentiment. I love how W&W words all work together between stamp sets. I did not have the word "forever," so I took the "ever" from W&W's The Big, The Bold and The Seasons stamp set and pushed it up against the "for" from The Happy set!

This card is entered in:
  •  Winnie & Walter's 2nd Birthday Bash
         w&w_bb2ndb_challengefinal

Hope you get a chance to make something beautiful and join in the at W&W's Birthday Bash.
-june

3 comments:

  1. Such a clever way to make your sentiment work! for + ever = creative! Also love your scribbled stickles inside the heart shape for a one-of-a-kind embellishment. Fun card! Thanks for joining my Over the Edge challenge at Winnie & Walter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Such a great design! Very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So pretty! LOVE that bold pink! Thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete