Sunday, February 7, 2016

Love Inlaid Card

Hello and Welcome!

There are so many fun events going on in paper crafting this month! Today I found out Papertrey Ink (PTI) is celebrating their 9th anniversary! Wow, congrats PTI!!! They are celebrating with a new challenge every day between Feb. 5 - 14th over at Nicole Heady's blog (link below). They are also doing a huge release. Go check it out! 

One PTI challenge is to take a piece of clothing and use that as inspiration for your project. (This is to celebrate their release of paper doll fashions - clever.) So here is my card and the sweater that inspired it:



I created the red ombre background by blending Distress inks (Barn Door, Festive Berries & Worn Lipstick) - lately I've been using Copic markers, but this time I switched it up! Then I die cut Papertrey Ink's Wet Paint Cuts "love" word out of it 3 time, along with 1 Simon Says Stamp heart ("Large Holiday Shapes"). I also cut it with Wplus9's "Sunshine Layers" scallop die frame. This red panel was adhered to a black note card. Then I inlaid black PTI's die cut "love" with those teeny tiny red pieces from the letter loops. On a white SSS die cut heart, I stamped "love you" with Winnie & Walter's set "The Big, The Bold and The Happy" and inlaid that as well, working the washi tape under it. To finish it all off, I added some shimmer with Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins.

This card is entered in:

Thanks for stopping by and have fun creating!
-june

4 comments:

  1. Fun valentine, the shading is perfect. Thanks for playing in our challenge this month at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun graphic feel you've got going on here! Love the background and the pop of black! So glad you joined us gals over at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fun way to play both challenges. I love your sponging and the great word dies for "love!" Beautifully done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with that ombre background! Fun challenge to be inspired by a piece of clothing. Great card and so good to see it in our Power Poppy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete