It is my son's girlfriend's birthday today. He has been planning a surprise party for her for weeks. We just got the call from him that he pulled off surprise party #1 at the restaurant with all her friends - she was thrilled. This was my husband's & my cue to sneak over to his house and decorate it for party #2, which includes cake, flowers and gifts. Of course, I had to make a special tag to go on gift we got her, and here it is:
I was playing around with my Quick Quote Powder Puff Inks and found they work a lot like Distress Inks. This is so exciting, I can't wait to try a bunch of techniques with them! My first experiment was to use the inks as watercolors. I stamped Powder Puff Inks on an acrylic block. Then, using them like watercolor paints, I colored the cute Gerda Steiner Caroling Cat stamp (stamped with Versafine ink). I am thrilled with the results!
This tag was inspired by Kay Miller's tag on Day 2 of Ellen Hutson's 12 Days Of Christmas Tags. I used The Cat's Pajama's Cup Duo die, Lawn Fawn's Stitched Ornament & Snowflake dies, and all of the pattern paper are Quick Quote Urban Oasis & Whistlin' Dixie lines.
This tag is entered in:
- The Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop at Coffee Loving Cardmakers
- Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist challenge
- The Share Your Designs Challenge at Gerda Steiner Designs
- The November Work It Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
- The "Christmas Gifts" Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
Thanks for stopping by, and hope you have a few wonderful surprises today!