Our family loves going to Normandale Lake on the 3rd of July to watch the fireworks. It works great as we beat the huge crowds and Bloomington does a spectacular show. We took a selfie while it was still light.
I did several techniques on this page. The beautiful Creative Embellishment chipboard was heat embossed with WOW's Unicorn Magic and Bright White to get a glittery gold and white effect. I also used WOW's Cardinal Red embossing powder.
Because of the crowded environment, the background on the photo was very distracting, so I fussy cut vellum and put it on the top third of the picture. Now you only see us! I also matted the tiny photo with vellum to help it stand out.
To finish off this page, I added machine stitching to the Pebbles & Pink Paislee paper, paper buttons and Heidi Swapp stars. This page is based on a sketch from STUCK?! Sketches.
This page is entered in:
- The "4th of July Adventures" challenge (LM #352) at Lasting Memories
- The July 15th Challenge at Stuck?! Sketches
- The July Challenge at Creative Embellishments
- Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #38 "Altered Embellishments"
- The "Multicolor Embossing" July challenge at WOW!
Thanks for stopping by,