Monday, December 17, 2018

Fun Background Technique with PowderPuff Chalking Inks

Hello and Welcome!  I am up on the Quick Quotes blog today with this card.

I hope you are enjoying the holidays. Here is a cute card using a fun technique with Quick Quotes' PowderPuff Chalking Inks:



I love experimenting with PowderPuff Chalking Inks and today I will be demonstrating the "packaging technique."


Start by smooching different colors of ink on a plastic sandwich bag and then spray with water. (I prefer the baggie over other packaging as my hand fits into it, giving me more control and less stained fingers!) Then press onto watercolor paper. I used Bermuda, Baja Blue, Deep Sea and Violet PowderPuff Chalking Inks.



Mat the watercolor paper on white cardstock and Autumn Brilliance 102 edged with Deep Sea PowderPuff Chalking Ink.

 


The polar bear's hat and scarf were paper pieced from Autumn Brilliance 103. The stars were die cut from silver glitter paper. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed.

 


Quick Quotes Products:
Autumn Brilliance Paper Pack 
PowderPuff Chalk Inks: Bermuda, Baja Blue, Deep Sea and Violet

Other products:
Bear stamp by Whipper Snappers
star die cut by Simon Says Stamps
sentiment by Gina K

Happy holidays,
-June
 

No comments:

Post a Comment