Sunday, June 12, 2016

50th Anniversary Card

Hello and Welcome!

My mother-in-law wanted me to make her 50th Anniversary invitations. She asked for orange flowers with a big 50 in the center of a circle. Here is what I came up with:



I used Verve Stamps' "Surely Goodness" flower set. I colored the flowers with Zig Clean Color markers on watercolor paper. I used a Lifestyle die-cut for the numbers. The colors were inspired by the mood photo on Verve's blog.

This card is entered in:

Thanks so much for stopping by,
-june


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a stunning card and I can't imagine the kind of hand-cramp that must've followed if you had to make a ton of these as invitations! But it really is stunning! I like how you gave the flowers such great detail with the tones of orange and yellow and how you framed the whole thing out in that lovely shade of blue. I also thought it was clever to use just a big number as your central focal point-- kind of cool and modern and mysterious all at once! If I got one of these invites, I'd definitely be keeping it long after the event was done! Really lovely work here and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete