This is a special card today as it is dedicated by my friend Rhonda Van Ginkel, aka Snapwhiz. We met at Archiver's Scrapfest several years ago and she invited me to a monthly crop, and we (along with many other fabulous ladies) have been crafting together ever since. She is so talented and is a DT for many companies including Bobunny. She is the one who introduced me to online challenges which has changed my life. Here is a big Thanks for you Rhonda:
This card uses a multi-layered emboss resist technique - layering ink and adding resist stamping in between each blended layer to get different colors. It is a bit of work and you have to love blending, but the results are amazing! I used The Cat's Pajama's Wreath Building set for the leaves and the sentiment. The leaves were stamped with Versamark, heat embossed with clear powder, and ink blended with Squeezed Lemonade, Orange Marmalade, and Festive Berries and Barndoor Distress Inks. The colored panel was diecut from Simon Says Stamps Bundle Of Stitched Shapes.
Winnie & Walter is doing a lot of fun challenges for WCMD. You should check it out!
This card is entered in:
- The WCMD "Make a Card for a Friend" challenge at Winnie & Walter
- The WCMD "Background Building" challenge at Winnie & Walter
- The WCMD "CASE with Lydia" challenge at Winnie & Walter
- Pink & Main Challenge #14
- The World Cardmaking Day Challenge at Kat Scrappiness
- MarkerPop! Challenge #105