Friday, August 4, 2017

Quick Quotes Friday Challenge 78

Hello and welcome! 

It is the first Friday of the month and that means it is time for Quick Quotes' August Challenge. I am hosting Challenge 78 and the theme is... Use Colored Inks!

I LOVE Quick Quotes' PowderPuff Chalking Inks. They come in so many beautiful colors and are so versatile.  Here is my project with lots of ways to use these inks.



Technique #1 - Using Bora Bora PowderPuff Chalking Ink, I tinted white glass bead texture gel and applied it to Quick Quotes' Anchors Aweigh 100 paper with a swirly stencil. I found this works best by stamping the ink onto a craft mat and then mixing the texture gel into it.



Technique #2 - I used Bora Bora and Sky Blue PowderPuff Chalking Inks to color white ribbon. This was quite easy - just run the ink pad over the ribbon to color it. For more on this technique, check out this video tutorial, Customize Your Ribbon with PowderPuff Chalk Ink with Barb. (There are lots of other great techniques in the Tutorial section of the Quick Quotes blog, too, so be sure to check them out!)



Technique #3 - I colored my chipboard flowers with Bora Bora and Sunset PowderPuff Chalking Inks using a smooshing technique. Just "smoosh" the chipboard onto the ink pad for a beautiful result!

 


Technique #4 - Two-tone letters are all the rage right now. I used Sky Blue and Sunset PowderPuff Chalking Inks to create my own two-tone title in exactly the colors I wanted. I started with white Thickers, masked one half with washi tape, and applied the first color. After they dried, I moved the mask to the opposite side and colored the other half with the second color. Just for fun, I also added Glossy Accents. (The "2017" are unaltered numbers from the same set.)



Technique #5 - I used Bora Bora, Sky Blue, Sunset, and Slate PowerPuff Chalking Inks to edge the papers and embellishments for my page. It makes them really pop!


These are just a few of the techniques you can do. PowderPuff Chalking Inks also work great for stamping, blending, watercoloring, and so much more.


I used my Canon Selphy CP1200 to print the photo. So easy and convenient!



Here are some close ups of the finished product.





Quick Quotes Products:
Anchors Aweigh: 100, 101, 102, 109
Anchors Aweigh: Chipboard Die Cuts
PowderPuff Chalking Inks: Bora Bora, Sky Blue, Sunset, and Slate

Canon Printer:
Cannon SELPHY CP1200

We hope you are inspired to join this month's Quick Quotes' Colored Ink challenge, you can link up here. I can't wait to see what you create!!!
-june

No comments:

Post a Comment