I had a lot of fun playing with many different products to make this card, and love how they all worked so well together.
I stamped the butterfly on watercolor paper and colored it (and the background) with Tim Holtz Bright Crayons. Love this type of finger painting for adults. I then matted it on black cardstock. I was also inspired to create a flower garden for my butterfly by the fun floral challenge at Cheery Lynn. The flowers are layered Cheery Lynn "Sunflower" die-cuts and the swirls are Cheery Lynn "Add A Flourish" dies. I added Crayons to the flowers for more depth and interest.
I wanted the white background to stand out more, so I added some texture with Ellen Hutson's "Bokeh Dots" stamps and clear embossing powder. (See detail.)
I finished the card with the Papertrey Ink "Hello" die-cut, and added Glossy Accents to the sentiment and butterfly's body.
This card is entered in:
- Ellen Hutson's April Pin-Sights Challenge
- The "Butterfly Beauty" Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
- The "Make It Girlie" Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
- Your Next Stamp Color Challenge #37
- The April Diva Inspirations Challenge at Verve Stamp