Today's card is loaded with techniques. I usually have a good idea of what I want a card to look like before I start, but this card sorta "evolved." Here is the overall card:
I started with Winnie & Walter's "Leaf Effects" stencil and inspiration from Shay's Day 1 card of W&W's Share The Love Challenge. I liked the white on white, so I applied Faber-Castell's Glass Bead Glitter Gel. This stencil and gel are so pretty together with the textures, shapes and beautiful sparkle. (Truthfully, I did this panel several days ago and didn't want to put anything else on it. It just sat on my desk for me to enjoy.)
It was also a little tricky attaching my images to the gel medium. Neither my Tombow Mono nor tape runner nor Ranger Matt Medium worked. So I tried Tombow Xtreme tape, and yep, that did the trick. Plus you can't see the tape behind the vellum. Hooray again!
I finished this card off with a few Lucy sequins.
This card is entered in:
- Winnie & Walter's "Share the Love, Day 1" challenge
- April's "Take the Challenge with Mou" at Faber-Castell
- The April Customer Creation Challenge at Designs by Ryn
- The "Try to Resist" Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
- The "Happy Birthday" Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
Thanks for stopping. Hope you find some of my tips helpful.