Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Vellum Pinecone Card

Hello and Welcome!

I was so inspired by Julia Altermann's "Coloring on Vellum" video, I thought I'd give it a try using CAS-ual Friday stamps. Instead of coloring with Copic markers, however, I used metallic embossing powders. Here is my take:


I stamped CAS-ual Friday's Pinecone stamps with Versamark on vellum and heat embossed with WOW's Primary Pixie green, Zing's Metallic green and Ranger's Princess gold embossing powders. I added extra dimension by adhering the sloping, stitched white cardstock on top of the vellum. The vellum gives this card an illuminating kind of affect. It really has that wow factor. The sentiment is from the same CAS-ual Friday set and I angled it to match the slope. For extra bling, I added red gems. This card was also inspired by the color pallet at Your Next Stamp and peek-a-boo window from the mood photo from Time Out Challenges.

This card is entered in:
                     
                    ynscolor-48
                   

Thanks for stopping by,
-june





3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! The gold is perfect for a Christmas card, beautifully done!
    Thanks for playing along in our CAS theme at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card!!
    Thanks for playing with us at the YNS Challenge #48.
    Good luck.

    Hugs, Dian Ratna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your gold embossing is so stunning! Love your card.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete