Today we are going to "kick-it-up" with Quick Quotes' new Mulberry Paper Collection by looking at 5 easy ways to add a lot more interest to your layout. First here is my basic page:
Now with just a few additions, look at the dramatic difference:
5 Easy Design Tips:
1. Add Splatters for more color, excitement and fun. And in this case, instant confetti! I made the splatters by applying PowderPuff Chalking Inks to an acrylic block, misting with water and flicking it onto my page with a paint brush. Here I used Royal Blue, Sky Blue, Buttercup and mixed Hydrangea with Lipstick PowderPuff Inks.
2 .Use A Border Punch to add eye-catching detail. You can also use your punched border on several areas around your layout.
3. Layer Your Papers to draw focus to your subject and add depth. Quick Quotes pattern papers are designed to be layered, so you can't go wrong. Here I layered Mulberry MB-100, 101, 103 & 105. Plus, by inking the edges with PowderPuff Inks (I used Royal Blue), even more depth is created and the papers become more cohesive.
4. Say It With A Banner. To make the title really pop and seem to have movement, I changed it into a banner and backed it with 3L Foam Squares to add depth. It makes more of a statement now.
5. Include Fun Quotes. Quick Quotes is a master at having just the right words for all occasions. By adding a few sayings around your page, you can bring in more heart-warming moments and big smiles. Check out the many Quick Quotes Phrase Sheets here.
Hopefully, you are inspired to try some of these ideas and have fun creating with the new Mulberry paper collection. Quick Quotes has also added 3 other new collections that you can check out here. They are all so gorgeous!
Quick Quotes Supplies:
Mulberry Paper Pack *new*
Mulberry Paper Phrases *coming soon*
2017 PowderPuff Chalking Inks: Royal Blue & Lipstick
2015 PowderPuff Chalking Inks: Buttercup, Hydrangea & Sky Blue
This page is entered in:
- The "Anything Goes" Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
Thanks for stopping by,