We have had a record breaking month of snow and just got another foot! Perfect excuse to stay home and make spring cards!
This card is all one layer. I achieved all the great depth with masking! Winnie & Walter's Leading Lady, Rosali, has some great inspiration and tips for masking this month (see links below). The stamps and stencil are by Winnie & Walter. The background was created with W&W's Leaf Effects stencil and several green Distress Oxide Inks. The center circle was masked off.
I stamped the birds (each one representing a family member) from W&W's So Tweet Stamp set using masking to group them, then watercolored.
The birds and leaf background were masked and I ink blended the circle background using several green and yellow Distress Oxide Inks. The "sun" from W&W's Sparkle Stamp set was stamped, as was the sentiment. To finish things off, flowers from W&W's The Big, the Bold and the Seasons Stamp set were added with blue embossing powder and yellow enamel dots adhered.
This card is entered in:
- Winnie & Walter's 5th Birthday Bash
- Winnie & Walter's February Leading Lady Rosali
- The National Craft Month Challenge - Favorite Coloring Medium at Hero Arts
- The "Feminine" Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
- The "Create a Scene" Wednesday challenge at Simon Says Stamp
Thanks for stopping by,