Today I am sharing with you Christmas photo ornament ideas using Quick Quotes' Earth Wind Fire collection and a wonderful feature of the Canon SELPHY CP1200 printer.
I knew the Canon Selphy CP1200 printer can make mini and collage prints, but did you know you can crop them too?! This compact photo printer comes with so many well thought out, easy-to-use features it is amazing.
Here is how to use the crop feature with mini prints:
- Go through the normal steps:
- Turn it on
- Upload photos
- Press the MENU button
- Use the down arrow key to select "Change Settings" and press the OK button
- Using the down arrow key, move the cursor to "Page Layout"
- Use the right arrow key to scroll through layout options to "4-up" (or "2-up" or "8-up")
- Press the BACK button
- Use the up arrow key to move the cursor to "Select and Print" and press the OK button
- Use the right & left arrow keys to scroll through photos
- Press the up arrow key to select a photo to be printed
- A location will highlight on the mini print icon (upper right of the Selphy screen)
- If desired, press the EDIT button and then the OK button to crop a photo
- Use the EDIT button to rotate the crop window between landscape and portrait
- Use the arrow keys to move the crop window and the zoom buttons to make it bigger/smaller
- Press the OK button when done cropping
- You can add as many photos as you like, up to 2 or 4 or 8, depending on the layout you choose
- Press the "print" button and watch the magic happen!
These photo ornaments (for the grandparents) came together super fast and easy. The frames and flowers are the white chipboard pieces that came with the June Club Q mini album kit (there may still be a few kits available). The papers and "joy" banners are from the Earth Wind Fire collection.
To make them:
- trace the frame with a pencil on paper
- fussy cut
- attach to top of frame
- ink edges with Amaretto PowderPuff Chalking ink
- attach photo and paper backing
- color red flowers with Lipstick PowderPuff Chalking ink
- embellish with brads, punched pine branches and gold thread
Here are a few close-ups:
Quick Quotes Products: