Monday, July 18, 2016

Favorite Gamer Card

Hello and Welcome!

Having teen and twenty year old boys, video games are big around here. So it is fun to make them cards - they really like them. Here is my latest:



I followed a couple of techniques from Day 1 of the Heat Wave online card class. The stars, die cut from My Favorite Things Die-namite Star Stax, followed Yana's idea to press them into Versamark ink and add Ranger black embossing powder a couple of times. Love the glossy look. For the buttons on the game controller, I used Jennifer McGuire's idea to use a glue pen to hold the colored Zing embossing powders. It worked very well in those tiny spots. The game controller is a stamp from Simon Says Stamps called All Boy which I also stamped in Versamark ink and embossed in Ranger silver embossing powder and fussy cut. The background is a silver textured foil paper by Recollections. The sentiment is a My Favorite Things stamp from their Level Up set which was stamped with Versafine black ink and embossed in Ranger's clear powder. I finished off this card with silver thread and Viva silver dimensional paint.

This card is entered in:
           

Thanks for stopping by,
-june

No comments:

Post a Comment