Sunday, July 10, 2016

Happy 4th Card

Hello and Welcome!

Before I put away all of my 4th of July stuff, thought I'd sneak in one more card for next year.



This card was inspired by the red, white & blue challenge at CAS-ual Friday using their Star Fri-dies. Wanting to add a twist, I used colored vellum and, using the string art technique from Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink  blog, added gold & silver thread. Love how the thread wrapping made little stars in the center. The sentiment is Wet Paint by Papertrey and gold Thickers. The pretty scalloped frame was created from a WPlus9 die.

This card is entered in:
           

Hope you are enjoying your holiday week,
-june

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card you've created here! I love how those stars just pop right off the page! They made me happy and I love the vibrant colors you used. I love how the geometric stars pair with the dainty scalloped edge of your card and the metallic touches give it a real classy vibe! You did a great job on this and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy coincidence that the string art makes another set of stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the paper you used for the stars! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your card just blows me away! I love your design and the thread wrapped around the stars is so cool! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete