Saturday, November 19, 2016

Ice Cream Layout

Hello and Welcome!

My teen has been informing me a lot this year that he is now too old for many childhood traditions. He is right, but he is my youngest and I've been doing the "mom thing" for almost 30 years; it is hard to just switch gears. So when I saw this almost 6' young man running for the neighbor ice cream truck with his allowance in hand, I had to get my camera and savor the moment.


I love GrandDiva's Sketch this month with all the layers, banner and single photo. Perfect for this theme. It especially worked well with these Doodlebug Sunkissed papers and it even had a place to add that cute ice cream truck and doily. I also liked Rochelle's This or That challenge. Digging in my stash I found a few wooden ice cream embellishments by Elle's Studio that really added to the title design.

Design tip:
Adding white (or other neutral) cardstock mats around pattern papers as well as the photo can contain loud patterns and allow you to layer them without things getting too busy or clashing.


This page is entered in:
              
              
Thanks for stopping by,
-june

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout and take on the challenges! Thank you for playing along with both Scrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete