Sunday, April 2, 2017

Backyard Visitors Layout

Hello and Welcome!

Even though we live in the suburbs, we get a lot of wildlife hanging out around our home. We get a lot of deer, especially a doe with twin fawns. I have several bird feeders up, so there is a large number and variety of birds, but this was the first time I've seen a hawk.  A few years ago I had never seen a wild turkey, but today the yard was full of them - over a dozen! It just amazes me how all of these critters small and large are able to co-exsist with us. Here are a few snap shots:


I haven't done a mixed media page in a while, so it was fun to break out "the stuff." I prepped the page with gesso, added texture paste with a Memory Box stencil and misted it with blue & green Color Shine. The beautiful chipboard pieces (leaves, birds & swirls) are all by Creative Embellishments. I always feel like my pages look so professional when I use Creative Embellishments products. I sprayed the CE chipboard with the same Color Shine mists I used on the background, but, as you can see, the colors intensify on the chipboard - so pretty. The title was made with Thickers & October Afternoon letter stickers. The flowers and tiny leaves are Jolee's. The hawk photo is popped up with 3L Foam Squares.

This page is entered in:
  • The April Monthly Challenge at Creative Embellishments - I took inspiration from the textured title, green color, and flowers in the challenge image
               psd_wallpaper_spring_flowers_by_vrbas
              
Thanks for stopping by and hope you get some fun visitors too,
-june

10 comments:

  1. Just today a neighbor I the new neighborhood my brother is moving to told us they have wild turkeys all the time! So cool! Thanks for being inspired by and using Creative Embellishments products too! Glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout and beautiful pictures! Love your embellishments and design is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice layout! Love the design and I like that it is about critters in your yard. I love watching them and taking photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, i would be scared to find some of thoses on my lawn, what a great way to capture that moment. Love the multiple pictures. Thanks for joining our Creative Embellishments challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool photos and I love your mixed media work! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout! Love the awesome nature photos, clean lines, and fabulous clusters! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments April Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos and layout! Love how you used the chipboard pieces. So glad you joined our challenge at Creative Embellishments. Good luck on the prize drawing!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veary pretty LO, love that you used multiple photos. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful layout and great photo! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great layout..Thank you for sharing with us ladies over at Creative Embellishments..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete