Saturday, April 22, 2017

Jeff's Hang In There Card

Hello and Welcome!

Having a family of guys who love fantasy novels, this fun Dragon stamp by C.C.Designs gets used often. I must admit this Dragon is one of my favorite stamps and always makes me smile. My husband is having a hard week at work, so I made this card for him to cheer him on.


The background was created with Distress Inks using the smooshing technique, then SPLASHED with black paint and cut with a Spellbinders tag die to make a frame. (If you want to see what I created with the tag, it is posted here in my Flickr account.) The C.C. Designs Dragon (retired stamp) was colored with Prima's Tropical Watercolor Confections. To help bring a smile to my husband's face, I made this card into a shaker using clear sequins. And the wonderful sentiment is Simon Says Stamp's New Beginnings Encouragement stamp set.

This card is entered in:


               

Thanks for stopping by,
-june

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I really like how you made a shaker! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at shaker card! I love the watercolor effect on the background and that dragon image is super cute! I hope this made your husband's day! Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete