Monday, April 10, 2017

Inching Up Page with Scrap Our Stash

Hello and Welcome!

Height is a big deal, especially for guys. Big brother Tyler has been teasing Aaron about being shorter most of his life. But, if growth charts are an indicator, Aaron is likely to turn the tables real soon.

I like the new trend of using large letters from different pattern papers for the title. So I gave it a try and am very happy with the results. To make things easier, I used Lifestyle's Diesel diecut letters.


Designer tip: To add cohesiveness and make your letters pop, outline the letters with a black pen and  mat the letters in a consist solid color. (Here I added a yellow drop shadow.)

This page was inspired by Scrap Our Stash's April tic-tac-toe challenge. I used the first column: Border Punch-Stitching-Yellow. I love these tic-tac-toe challenges as they always help me kick my pages up to a higher level. Check it out. You can find all the detail of how to play along here

The pattern papers are from an old MAMBI kit and Fancy Pants Good Fellow collection. Wanting to keep the focus on the photo and title, I kept the embellishments to a minimum. The stars are Simon Say Stamps' Large Holiday Shapes diecut and the rulers were stamped. I also machine stitched around the outside border. The scallop border punch is by Fiskars.

This layout is entered in:
  • The "Hip Hop" Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp - because Aaron used to have to hop up onto his tip-toes, but now stands hip-to-hip with big brother Tyler :-)

Thanks for stopping by,
-june

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty layout, love the letters in different patterns. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete