Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Getting Inky with Paper Smooches and Quick Quotes

Hello and Happy (almost) New Year!

Today I am creating a New Year's card, but this design could be used for all kinds of occasions. Both my guys (my husband & my son) gave it a big "thumbs up," so I'll probably make a few more.


One New Year's resolution I have is to explore techniques with Quick Quotes Powder Puff Inks.Here I overlapped stars from Paper Smooches' Seeing Stars & Circle Of Honor sets using Powder Puff Blue Hawaiian, Pixie Pink, Green Leaf & Limeade (the yellow is by Waffleflower). I saw a similar design with hearts done by Yana Smakula. I love these colors and got great, smooth ink coverage with my first stamping (no Misti needed!).


The festive Paper Smooches' sentiment is from their Hullabaloo set and is heat embossed in white on black cardstock. The toasting glasses are from PS's Hubby & Wifey set and are heat embossed in black & silver. The cups are fulled with super glittery stickles. The sentiment and glasses were adhered with 3L Foam Squares to add dimension. For a finishing touch, clear sequins were added to look like champagne bubbles.




A quick note: Paper Smooches is having their DT Blog Hop this week (Dec. 29-Jan.1) showcasing their new releases. Check it out!



This card is entered in:
 
  • The "Party Time" Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for stopping by and Happy (almost) New Year!
-june

2 comments:

  1. What a fun celebration card with the bright happy stars! So happy you joined us for the party going on at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Happy New Year! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fabulous! This card just makes me want to dance. :) Thanks for joining us for our Diva Inspirations challenge.

    ReplyDelete