Saturday, December 10, 2016

Kitty Celebrate Tag

Hello and Welcome!

It is my son's girlfriend's birthday today. He has been planning a surprise party for her for weeks. We just got the call from him that he pulled off surprise party #1 at the restaurant with all her friends - she was thrilled. This was my husband's & my cue to sneak over to his house and decorate it for party #2, which includes cake, flowers and gifts. Of course, I had to make a special tag to go on gift we got her, and here it is:


I was playing around with my Quick Quote Powder Puff Inks and found they work a lot like Distress Inks. This is so exciting, I can't wait to try a bunch of techniques with them! My first experiment was to use the inks as watercolors. I stamped Powder Puff Inks on an acrylic block. Then, using them like watercolor paints, I colored the cute Gerda Steiner Caroling Cat stamp (stamped with Versafine ink). I am thrilled with the results!



This tag was inspired by Kay Miller's tag on Day 2 of Ellen Hutson's 12 Days Of Christmas Tags. I used The Cat's Pajama's Cup Duo die, Lawn Fawn's Stitched Ornament & Snowflake dies, and all of the pattern paper are Quick Quote Urban Oasis & Whistlin' Dixie lines.

This tag is entered in:

               Winter 2016 Blog Hop


Thanks for stopping by, and hope you have a few wonderful surprises today!
-june

17 comments:

  1. How fun, your son's girlfriend is lucky to be surrounded with such fabulous people.
    Your tag is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Gerda Steiner stamps also, was so happy to see your tag and you did an amazing job on it, I am sure she will love and treasure it for years to come. Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and adorable design. I hope the party was a success. And, since we in South Dakota are getting some light and fluffy snow it is beginning to really look a lot like Christmas here. Hardly any wind either so the flakes just float down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! This is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee it's a kitty! Super cute tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet tag...I would totally use this as an ornament!

    ReplyDelete